Key Terms For Racial Profiling

  • Controversial - causing argument, provoking strong dissagreement or disapproval
  • Ethnicity - relating to a person or a group of people
  • Human Rights - The rights that are considered by most societies to belong automatically to everyone freedom, justice and equality
  • Humiliation - the act of damaging somebody
  • Implement - Law requirement, something needed in order to achieve something
  • Lawsuit - a trial at court between two private parties
  • Ludicrous - utterly ridiculous because of being absurd, incongorous, impractical or unsuitable
  • Racism - belief that people of different have different qualities and abilities
  • Self-Esteem - confidence in your own merit as an individual person
  • Sexism - discrimination because you are male or female

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting Organized

After everything I got done last year I feel like I still need more information to answer my foundation question. Racial profiling is a big topic which there are many questions to it and answers. There is many information needed to know when doing research on a topic like this. So far since first day of school I have been organizing all of my work together, and looking over some of last years work to refresh my mind. I started looking at my interview questions and fixed them up a little also adding more. Hopefully soon I would interview Harvard law proffesor Charles Ogletree who has experience in many racial profiling cases. Another thing I worked on was getting some quotes and images that would help later when I start making my powerpoint. For next week, I would start working towards my outline to make it final.

No comments:

Post a Comment